What is UX And UI Designs? Explained4 min read
If you are from the IT world or want to get started with the IT world then you must have heard about the terms UX ANd UI by now. People use the statements like “Poor UI of the website” or the “UX of this App/Website is not that good” but what are these terms UI and UX means and what is the key difference between the two. In this article, we are going to find out about these two. So let’s start.
What are UX And UI?
In the terms of a layman’s, UI (User Interface Design) means how a website/app is looking or we can say that UI is a deliverable while on the other hand UX (User Experience DEsign) means how the things works or UX is a process. In a nutshell, this is the key difference between the UX And UI. If you are still unclear about the UX and UI design let me give you another analogy to make things more clear. Now imagine your Website/ App is the human body then the bones represent the Code of the app, UX will represent the Organs of the body and UI will be the cosmetics of the body- its presentation, its senses, and its reaction.
A famous quote by Dr. Ralf Speth, Chief Executive Officer of Jaguar Land Rover states about design as :
“If you think good design is expensive, you should look at the cost of bad design.”Dr. Ralf Speth , CEO , Jaguar Land Rover
The most important aspect of a successful application is the design of the app/website. If your idea is great but your application looks horrible then you’ll lose most of your potential clients. For example, you own an eCommerce what is the first your potential clients will see when they open your app/website. It will be the landing page of your app, now what is landing page? A landing page is a first-page user will see which will explain to your users about what does your app has to offer. If the design of your landing page is not good then how can you convince your user about your product?
Things to consider when creating beautiful UI
One of the greatest strength of a well-designed product is that you will have a higher user retention rate. So what are the key benefits one should consider when creating a beautiful UI design for the users?
- People read the biggest, brightest and boldest first. You should have users attention when they open your app/website.
- The fundamental part of a great app is Alignment. Everything in your app/website should b aligned.
- Grab User Attention: The main purpose of your beautiful UI is to grab the attention of the user. You need to be an attention architect.
Questions to ask yourself to know if the UX of your product is good
UX is all about creating an enjoyable and pain-free experience when browsing your app/website. So what is the key question that you should ask about the UX of your app?
- Usability: Who will be the end-user of the app and why they are browsing your app and what are they looking for.
- Profiling of User: What is the core functionality of my app? Profile your users to continually reevaluate that question.
- Asking for permission: Almost all apps today use push notification to send alerts, notification, SMSs, etc. When achieving this your app asks a lot of permissions. So instead of asking all the permission at once, you should make this experience a little pain free. And your app should only ask permission only when using that particular feature.
We hope that you would have liked this article and this would have helped you understand basic concepts in UI and UX design. If you have any requirement about the UX and UI design then you can choose leading Website Design Company in Delhi NCR that is Stintlief Technologies for your requirements. Ending the post with one of our favorite quotes about design…
“Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works”Steve Jobs